Sunday, August 19, 2012

strength and courage

sometimes i get in this mindset where i think that being a christian dealing with difficulty means meekly sitting by and letting obstacles crumble me, then humbly asking God to put me back together again and restore me. God certainly repairs us when we're crushed, but i forget that i don't NEED to be crushed. i forget about verses like this: 

have I not commanded you? be strong and courageous. do not be terrified; do not be discouraged; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go.
joshua 1:9

i'm supposed to be strong and courageous. i'm not supposed to let my worries over take me and wipe me out. i need to work on over coming my obstacles by changing the way i see them. not as things that are going to bowl me over, but things that i can bowl over. God helps me when i fail, but he also gave me the strength not to.

soooo, a goal for this week:
put trouble and obstacles behind me by facing them with strength and courage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment